Chia's Power for Improving Health
- Loaded with Omega-3's, Fiber, Antioxidants and many other vital nutrients, Chia offers a variety
of opportunities to improve your overall health & well being.
- Heart Disease: Given today's typical dietary habits, finding additional sources of Omega-3's is
more important than ever. To help offset that negative dietary trend. Chia contains the perfect
ratio of 3:1 (3 Omega-3's to 1 Omega-6). Omega-3's are clinically proven to lower cholesterol
and triglyceride levels, stabilize heart arrhythmia, lower blood pressure, act as a natural blood
thinner and increase HDL ("good") cholesterol.
- Anti Aging: Did you know that every ninety days your body regenerates nearly all of it's seven-to-
ten trillion cells? When healthy, stronger, smoother, more elastic cells are properly
regenerated, the aging process is slowed.
- Fights Free Radical Damage
- Flushes out age-accelerating toxins
- Regain youthful exuberance
- Skin Elasticity
- Hair, Skin & Nail Enhancement
- Joint lubrication and reduced inflammation
- Lowers lactic acid buildup in muscles
- Reduces muscle soreness and speeds rejuvenation
- Aging happens when damaged cells are replicated. Chia's antioxidants act to neutralize the free radicals that cause premature aging.
- Weight Loss: Chia is so nutrient dense that the equivalent quantity of nutrients can only be acquired by consuming a combination of the highest food sources of those nutrients, an amount of food that represents approximately 6 times the calories of Chia. For example, consuming 3.5 oz. of Chia, results in about 6 times fewer calories from the combined best sources of the same nutrient. In addition, Chia's exceptionally high level of Tryptophan (an amino acid that suppresses appetite) may relieve hunger pangs. Chia can easily be used in formulating meal replacements.
- Maintaining Healthy Blood Pressure: Chia has a vasodilatory effect by increasing the size of the arteries and thereby
lowering blood pressure. This is the same effect achieved by prescription-type
medications and should work just as well for women as it does for men.
Chia, with its high Omega-3 content, may enhance and balance hormone
replacement therapy (HRT). Chia may help reduce hot flashes and other
symptoms of menopause and help maintain a positive mental outlook.
- Breast Health:
Preliminary research at the University of California, Los Angeles suggests that
Omega-3'smay help maintain healthy breast tissue.
- Prostate Health:
Numerous studies show that diets high in Omega-3's and fiber may help
maintain a healthy prostate. Chia with its high Omega-3 and fiber content, is an
easy and simple way to include these necessary nutritional benefits into your daily diet.
- Gastro-intestinal Health:
Chia is also a hydrophilic colloid. This important property aids in the digestion
of food and helps control excess acids associated with indigestion, heartburn,
and sour stomach. Chia's unique soluble fiber content combined with its
hydrophilic colloidal properties makes a gel in the stomach that creates a
physical barrier thereby "lining" the stomach.
- Bone Health: Per serving, Chia contains six times more calcium than milk. Chia is a rich source of other essential minerals like phosphorous, magnesium and iron, all of which aid in the absorption and utilization of calcium by the body.
- Mental Heath:
The International Journal of Clinical Practice tells us that much research(including research from Harvard) has linked low levels of Omega-3's in the
body with mood disorders. Omega-3's are believed to keep the brain's pattern of thoughts, reactions, and reflexes running cohesively and efficiently. Clinical trials have concluded that Omega-3's may reduce the risk of various psychiatric disorders and Alzheimer's disease.
- Blood Sugar: Chia's nutrient dense qualities and Omega 3 content has been shown to assist in the control of diabetes.
- Prenatal Health:
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that Omega-3's are very important to nourish the developing brain of the baby and to the mental health
of the mother. Chia also contains essential amino acids, phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals including folate (folic acid) all of which are extremely
important in fetal development. Warning: Flax is a thyroid interrupter and should be avoided during pregnancy. Chia is 100% safe for pregnancy.